Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Quick and Easy Cupcakes.



Last night I thought of baking cupcakes. I went through at least four cookbooks and compared different simple cupcake recipes and came up with my own version I call the Quick and Easy Cupcakes. So this morning, I tried the recipe.

Ingredients

Set A – Dry Ingredients
2 ¼ cups all purpose flour
1 1/3 cups sugar
3 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon salt

Set B – Wet Ingredients
½ cup soften butter
1 cup evaporated milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 eggs
Pre-heat oven to 350° F for at least 15 minutes

Procedure

1. Combine all Set A ingredients in a bowl and mix at low speed. Make sure to mix well
2. At medium speed, add butter until mixture is grainy in texture.
3. Add milk and vanilla.
4. Add eggs one at a time.
5. Mix well making sure to scrape the sides of the bowl. Do not over beat.
6. Line muffin pan with paper cups.
7. Fill each cup until ½ or ¾ full
8. Can be topped with any of the following: chocolate chips, raisins or nuts
9. Bake for 25 minutes or until done.
10. Best topped with icing or glaze.

Will do further experiment on this. I'm thinking of coming up with coffee or mocha variant. Maybe I can reduce milk to just 3/4 cup and then add 1/4 cup of espresso.

By the way, I forgot to mention that my first love is baking. Even took a basic baking class at the Sylvia Reynoso-Gala Cooking School sometime early 90’s.

No comments: