Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Roasted Garlic with Fresh Rosemary and Olive Oil




I used to watch a lot the Katie Brown show at the Lifestyle channel. That was when we still had cable. Oh yes, our area is not yet serviced by cable companies. Well, we could always get the satellite type but it’s darn expensive. I heard too that signal is intermittent especially during bad weather.

Anyways, one recipe she did was Roasted Garlic. I’m a garlic person. When a recipe calls for garlic, I make sure it has a lot. I gave the recipe a try using fresh rosemary from my herb garden, of course.

Ingredients

6 heads of garlic
Fresh Rosemary
Salt
Olive oil

Procedure

1. Chop off the top of the garlic head making sure each segment is exposed

2. Drizzle with olive oil

3. Season liberally with salt

4. Roast in a turbo broiler for 45 minutes at 400° F.

Once cooked, squeeze out the segments. When mashed, you have Roasted Garlic Butter. Yummy on toasted bread. My leftovers I used for my Chicken in Tarragon Cream Sauce and Alugbati and Pesto (posting this one soon!)

Taken before roasting

No comments: