Sunday, January 6, 2008

Nachos for Noche Buena

Image courtesy of Mucho Mucho Nacho

Our Noche Buena was very simple. We pigged out on nachos and dips I got from an old friend, Carmela Litonjua.

Although the cheese and salsa dips were great, it was somehow "bitin" without the meat. So I prepared my own. I'm calling this recipe "Maire's Nacho Beef." Of course, I used the herbs from my garden. Here goes.

Ingredients

1 kg ground lean beef
1 onion chopped
1 head garlic chopped
Olive oil for sautéing
1/2 cup beef broth or water
Salt and pepper to taste
Bunch of fresh basil, chopped
A few sprigs of fresh sage
3 leaves of fresh oregano, chopped

Procedure

1. Sauté onion and garlic until done
2. Add ground beef. Sauté until cooked
3. Add broth to deglaze the pan.
4. Add salt and pepper to taste
5. Add all the herbs

That's it!

No comments: