Monday, September 17, 2007

My Own “Kung Ako Ikaw” and “Day Off” Experience

No, I was never a guest in any of the two shows. I’m sure that people behind these shows do not even know I exist. For those who do not know, both shows have similar concepts – celebrities experience the work and life of whoever they decide to feature. I’m more familiar with “Day Off” and I actually watch it regularly. While with “Kung Ako Ikaw,” unfortunately, I haven’t had the chance to watch one episode in its entirety. Only bits and pieces since I find the timeslot too late.

My own “Kung Ako Ikaw” and “Day Off” experience happened when the workers we hired to transfer a dump-truck of soil to our backyard did not show up. When the “panambak” was delivered, it was dumped right in front of our house. It was delivered on a Monday and had been occupying half of the street for six days. We scheduled the workers for Sunday since that was their only free day.

Sunday came and no one showed up. We were expecting the workers by 7am. By 8am, I told Erwin that we had to start working. Yes, WE as in Erwin, myself, and Raffy (a neighbor who has been helping us around the house). The other option was to wait the next Sunday but I was afraid the neighbors would already complain.

The “before” backyard.


Ate Fiona was visiting. We called her the “contractual laborer.”


More than being tired, Irvin had a lot of fun. I initially called him “the assistant manager” because he kept on giving instructions. Before the day ended, he was demanding for a promotion already. He said he should be manager and not just an assistant.


Around 11am, Raffy (in the middle) was able to get two of his friends to help us out.


Erwin (in blue) and Raffy were the main laborers – together with the two other boys, they were mostly responsible for transferring 75% of the soil to the backyard.


And then there was one… there used to be three big piles of soil in front of the house. After the very tiring, and (skin)darkening experience, all that’s left is just one. We’re still deciding what to do with it.


By the way, Manager Irvin also demanded for a back massage, which he got before he went to bed that night. We also have a CEO - my eldest, Renmund. He was in his "office" the whole day :)

No comments: